Saturday, April 04, 2009

Seemingly little things

I need to post this quickly before I forget to recognize the seemingly little things in life that point the way to bigger issues along life's path. What ?? ok, I am talking about miracles; not the huge parting of the sea or feeding thousands but the little miracles; the ones that because they happened they changed the course of events in life.

Example number one: On Thursday the weather had finally turned; the sunshine was warm and I was already to go for a bike ride. I wanted to go on a ride to try out my "new, recycled from the second hand shop" bike. Had been trying since 4 o'clock in the afternoon to get out of the door and take a ride with Paul. Well as things go around here, it was ten after six before we left. Vaden has just gotten home from a babysitting job, all the kids were settled so we could have some free time together.
So we are set, ready, go....bing, clink, rattle.....the chain, no, not the chain slipping off again...nope it broke this time. My miracle in this ... we were only five meters from the house and to think we could have been 5 or more kilometers away.

Miraculous happening number two, (that I am aware of for the week):
Vaden is in the midst of ballet recital weekend, "Lotte and the traveling Genie". Yesterday I watched her responsibly pack all of her things in her bag, even heard her count off what she needed...two pair of shoes, tights, hair thingies, safety pins, makeup ...
well I guess we should have had a list. When the time came to change into her second dance costume for the night there were NO suntan dance tights! My miracle now unfolds: one of her class-mates had packed a second pair! Even told Vaden that she had had them in her hand about to not bring them, thinking "nah, I won't need these" but she listened to that voice and brought them any way!

She let Vaden use them. Without those tights Vaden would not have been able to perform! Thus a life-changing event, thus my miracle number two.

1 comment:

Madge said...

So I noticed that I need to find a new catch phrase for my thoughts and have made the awful writer's mistake of using a cliche, not once, but twice as my lead sentence. Sorry readers! I am still learning to craft.