Tuesday, April 22, 2008

EARTH DAY, April 22

So where were you on the First Earth Day, 1970?

I was eight...in the third grade...don't think I really became aware of Earth Day till the fifth grade. For some reason I remember having Globe/Earth stickers on my notebook in the 5th grade.
I do remember being very earth conscience growing up. Into nature and saving endangered animals. I even had a subscription to Ranger Rick given to me and had it for years. That mag came out about the same time as Earth Day began, I believe. My kids get it now, yes, even over here.

So what are you going to do for Earth Day? Ride your bike to run an errand, recycle that paper or plastic instead of throwing it in the trash, hang a load of wash on a drying rack or outside, or maybe lower your water temp...
I could go on like a Good Little Earth Girl and a child of the 70's. Got your rainbow suspenders ready?

No comments: