Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Herr Mutter

That's Mr. Mom, in German (or as near as I can make it).
Madge has been in language school going on 5 weeks now. Over the halfway point and looking for that proverbial light at the end of the tunnel ...

Basically, what this means is that I have been trying to cover her bases as well as my own, 'cause frankly she is not much able or willing to take care of house and kids when she has a ton of homework. And, ya know what? I'm not quite sure how mom's do it all (I certainly appreciate her more!) and I'm positive that I do not do nearly as good a job at it as she does. The kids have been great, real troopers, although I think that the PBJ's get old pretty quick. Being the cheauffer, short-order cook, house-cleaner (not a good one, mind you) and yard-boy (ok, I'm good at that) is rather exhausting.

I know that Madge is looking forward to getting back to her routine of walking our son to kindergarten, hanging out with the other moms (and understanding the conversations a little better) and generally being able to relax for a change.

So this is me saying "Happy Belated Mother's Day" to all the mom's out there (on the field and off). You've got my admiration and understanding!!

1 comment:

Arnold Austin Jr said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too, Paul...(and Madge!).