Thursday, March 09, 2006

DOH!

Ever have one of those days? you know, when things are going pretty well, then you do some bone-headed thing to mess it all up?

I had mine.

I brought a monitor home from the office to check my G4 (just to make sure it survived the trip in a crate). Got the computer unpacked, checked for damage (none noted...which is always nice) and plugged it in...no...wait...did I really just plug it in? I mean, did I really just plug it in WITHOUT first switching the power tab over for European settings? Um. Yeah. 

POP. Fizzle. ssssss...the lovely smell of burnt power supply in the afternoon...it smells like...well, it smells like I need a new computer.

Now I'm faced with the prospect of either getting a MacMini or getting a used power supply...you do the math.

I need some sleep.

3 comments:

Arnold Austin Jr said...

Ouch, I'm feeling the pain way over here. So sorry to hear it.

BTW, my favorite wurst is wieswurst. OR is it weiswust. Anyway, it's white because it's made from veal. Oh so yummy.

Yeah you want find a Carlotta in Germany. Our Costa Rica House helper comes 3 days a week for 6 hours: a bargain fro $34 a week. Just one cooked meal keeping us from eating out pays her salary.

Anonymous said...

Sorry dude, we've all been there (well, equipment failure, if not Europe, hehe). Why not hit up ebay for a "as is" G4 or something? Good chance you could score a hulk with a perfect PS inside and just a dead logic board or something. Then you can carve it up and sell off the memory, drives, whatever for more cash. If you work it right you might even get a free PS in the end. Good luck in any case.

B&R said...

PV,
OH NO!!!!

At least you can look around and find something else.

Hey found your email from about a month ago. We'll answer it soon. Sorry about that