Friday, June 25, 2010

48K for a 48th birthday

I decided, that in honor of my 48th Birthday, I would do some-thing that I had not done before.

For this special day, Thursday, June 10, 2010, I determined, as my challenge, to bike ride for 48 Kilometers.

And I did!


On a hill above Lörrach-Stetten on our way to Adlehausen. I am in Germany, the cows are in Switzerland.

I never tire of the wonder of being in two countries at once!



Taking a break in Adelhausen. We had just completed level 4 and 5 hills to get here. The water was a welcome addition as we had almost finished our own.

We made it down the hill to Schopfheim for a mid-morning refreshment and enjoyed some people watching. Hit a top speed of 57 kph coming down the hill ... I love speed, but I love my skin too, so I slowed down a bit ...,

Happy birthday to me ... I had fun!

now what shall I do next year?

No comments: