Friday, July 03, 2009

pre-Fourth Strawberries

Quick story to share:
Today I was in the local German grocery store picking up some stuff, since I had told a friend I would make a Strawberry Cream Topped cake for her, for which I needed some strawberries, of course.
So I am by the strawberries picking up the one 500 gram packet I needed for this recipe, think normal size plastic container, and there is a man grabbing one flat, than a second and then a third flat of strawberries, and I'm thinking what is up with this guy? Then I heard him humming the "Star Spangled Banner"...At first I was going to ask him if he was American and preparing for the 4th of July, but had to stop, since upon hearing that tune, my voice caught in my throat and I thought I might break into tears, so instead I reached down to pick up my flat of eight containers of strawberries. After all, what is the American Fourth of July without RED Strawberries and fresh whipped cream!

No comments: