Thursday, February 07, 2008

Movie First

Well, I can now check off another first for my ever expanding cultural experience...I actually went to a movie theater and saw my first movie in German. To be fair it is an American film and it was dubbed into German and to be fair, it is part two of a popular film and to be fair the plot was rather similar, thus predictable...but all in all I did need to understand the language a fair bit! Well ok, maybe not so much...the movie was part two of National Treasure.

...it is very interesting how much big stunts, fast cars, loud crashes and large sets cut down on the need for words!!!

......but what was interesting is that the movie tickets we purchased actually had the row and seat number on them...it was like going to a real theater. As I dimly remember movie going in the States, it is first come, first seated and you better watch out for the middle schoolers, who dash to always get there first for the best seats!

But is was a great girls' day out: just Mom with the girls....watching Nichols Cage (although my favorite with him is still Moon Struck)

No comments: