Monday, November 20, 2006

We like packages ...

I confess. I like getting packages. It is fun, it is a break from the normal bills and statements (which often require a little bit of translation) and they always have something for everyone. Sure, regular old mail is appreciated (especially) but packages just extend the fun!

This time, an unexpected offering from some friends back in the states revealed ...

Route 11 Chesapeake Crab Chips!


I love these things. I guess I shared ... I don't recall. Let's just say that for a brief moment I flashed back to my introduction to the (future) in-laws. I had grown up on the York River, and knew (thank you Mom and Dad) how to pick crabs. Actually, all seafood was a “known” factor in my life and as you will read this was a good thing. ... I arrived in Urbanna (on the Rappahannock River) for the first time, having not yet met anyone else in Madge’s family. She deposited me on the back porch with a “Paul, here’s my brother and my cousins, ya'll get aquainted ...” I can’t recall the exact words, but I knew I was ‘on my own’ ... and I underwent the “can he pick crabs?” inquisition. Obviously, I passed, but the taste of Old Bay is a perpetual reminder of that day.

so thank you, oh sender of Route 11 goodness! you made my day.

now, with Thanksgiving on the way, I just have to find someplace where I can get some fresh oysters ... hmmmmm

oh ... ps.,
we've added a guestbook feature. actually, it’s more of a guestMap. so locate it at the top of the left nav, find yourself, and drop us a line.

2 comments:

Anne Margaret said...

SO glad you liked the chips! They're a great favorite of the Whites!

Anonymous said...

I like packages too~well, any kind of mail! LOL~I enjoyed hearing about your "Route 11 goodness"~LOL! (((((HUGS))))) sandi