Thursday, January 12, 2006

I love to go a wandering...


A trip up to Vogelbach led us to a castle ruin, the Saussenberg. It was worth the climb!






























The high road is the preferred road for the clan!

Vogelbach...near where we started our wanderung (which is German for small hike)

How’s your German? we figured it was a warning to be careful, don't light a camp fire, and if you fall it is your fault.

The tower – a good climb to the top. For all it’s appearance as a seemingly crumbling tower, it’s pretty well re-enforced with steel beams and cement posts.

The view from the top of the tower


View from the top looking over the Black Forest (Schwartzwald)

It’s got solid stairs!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Josh said...

Madge,

It is great to hear that you all are doing well. I am glad to see you have gotten to do some climbing! I say this because I climbed a mountain this morning. I am going to post some pictures tomorrow. I hope to move into my apartment on Thursday or Friday, and I am planning a big Super Bowl party to kick things off here. I have met a lot of students, and actually got to share some truth yesterday with a German exchange student from Frankfurt. Tell the rest of the V-fam that I said hello. I will be sure to keep up with your blog.

Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you and to see how well you are all doing.Next time have Dad take some pics so we can see you too!
Take care, love the Stuarts.